Fire in building annexe caused by an electrical appliance - Womenswold near Canterbury
Firefighters were alerted by a passing motorist to smoke and flames issuing from the annexe of a single-storey building in The Street, Womenswold, near Canterbury.
Upon arrival, crews wearing breathing apparatus attacked the blaze, thought to have been sparked by an electrical appliance in a laundry room, using a high-pressure hose reel jet. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke and fumes from the property.
Fire crews extinguished the blaze and checked the rest of the building to ensure the fire had not spread to other areas.
There are no reports of any injuries and the cause has not yet been confirmed.
Special and Support vehicles