Kitchen fire in Folkestone
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a kitchen fire in Mead Road, Folkestone. One fire engine attended to find all occupants safely outside on arrival, and the home smoke logged throughout. Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters extinguished a frying pan on fire with a hose reel jet, and cleared the property of smoke using a high pressure fan. There were no reported injuries.
Following this incident, firefighters are urging the public to keep looking while they’re cooking, to ensure a fire safe mealtime.