Kitchen fire in flat - Canterbury
Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a kitchen fire in a flat in Riverbend Close. On arrival crews found a male occupant of a ground floor flat in a three story property suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke. The man, in his 20s, was treated by paramedics and taken to hospital. Crews also rescued a small dog from the property. The occupant had put out the fire before the crews arrived and became overwhelmed by the smoke. Firefighters used breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke, which has caused extensive damage. The occupant of the flat was alerted to the fire by his smoke alarm. Cause of the fire was accidental.