Everyone at Kent Fire and Rescue Service works together as one team to keep the people of Kent and Medway safe. This promise sets out our commitment to all our customers as we work with them to create a safer future for Kent and Medway.
To provide excellent services
- Our team works round the clock to keep customers safe, attending emergencies including fires, road crashes and water rescues.
- Together with our customers we help make buildings, homes and businesses safer for everyone.
- We are dedicated to helping our customers to lead safer lives through education.
- We help everyone to live safely in their own homes whatever their needs, by supporting and sharing advice.
To provide personalised and accessible services
- We will make sure we can be easily contacted, and that our services are always accessible for all customers.
- We are there for everyone, whoever they are, respecting and considering every individual’s needs.
- From our fire control operators to our firefighters, we will employ a diverse workforce, that looks and feels like our communities.
- We will design our services with customers, involving everyone to help make life safer across Kent and Medway
- Our commitment to help and protect our customers includes making sure everyone knows what we do and feels able to ask for help.
To maintain your trust
- As a public service we will be transparent, welcome feedback from our customers and use evidence to help us shape our services.
- Our customers’ interests and safety remain our primary focus, and we will never knowingly mislead.
- We listen and communicate clearly, with understanding and sensitivity.
- All funding paid through taxes is used wisely and economically, enabling us to work efficiently and to help our customers.
- We are striving to deliver environmentally sustainable services.
- We make sure our staff are aware of and understand their safeguarding responsibilities.
- Everyone’s privacy and personal data is respected and protected.
- We ensure everyone in our team has regular and necessary training and equipment to keep them and our customers safe.
To work with you to keep improving
- By listening to our customers and each other we can improve the service we give.
- By being flexible and innovative, we continually adapt and improve.
- If things don’t go to plan, we listen and act quickly, supporting learning and development.